- UPD: This article has been updated and updated at the end of 2019. Enjoy reading it! (Editor’s note.)
Content is one of the key ranking factors in modern search engine promotion. But an outdated idea of how to form it can not only prevent you from taking positions, but also put the project at risk for filters and index.
- Write a text on the topic of building materials, the volume of 2000-3000 characters, use keywords: sand construction, sand, quarry sand, buy, Moscow. The text must be without water, literate, exactly match the plan.
- Approximately this looks like a typical terms of reference for the seo-text. If you increase the volume to 16000-18000 bp. – This is a typical task for the seo-article.
- In addition to the fact that such a text will be useless to the reader, made in the style of “Captain Obviousness”, still there is a risk that the artist will rewrite the factual errors in other articles. This will mislead and hinder the user.
- When choosing partners for cooperation, we send our guide to writing SEO-articles and SEO-texts to come to a common understanding of “good text” even before the first agreement.
- Part One. How to Write SEO Texts
SEO texts are classic optimized texts, which are often found on the pages of online stores. For example, they describe sections of catalogs and contain the main key queries for promotion. Often such content is partially hidden from users because the material is not for sale.
- Let’s conditionally divide the texts into those that help promote transactional requests, and those materials that focus on informational requests – this includes blog articles with seeding in social networks and paid distribution. Let us dwell only on the transactional ones, since there are most of the problems, myths and outdated techniques around them.
- The rules for writing SEO texts (don’t overspam, don’t obfuscate, etc.) are already laid out in many books and articles, so instead of theory, let’s move on to practical examples that clearly show mistakes and flaws.
1. Highlighting keywords in the text on the page
Search queries is reasonable to highlight only in the document with the text, to track the use of all the keys. It does not affect the promotion, so it is not necessary.
2. Over-spam / over-abundance of keywords
Text with overspam is not only difficult to read, but also search engines perceive it negatively. Especially zealous authors face sanctions from Google and Yandex. The optimal number of queries – no more than one per paragraph, no more than three (with morphology) for the entire text.
3. texts “for the machine”
We call these texts where key queries are inserted in the form in which they were copied from Wordstat. In an ordinary brochure or speech will not meet the phrase “buy a faucet in Moscow,” it would have sounded as follows: “buy a faucet in Moscow.
Key queries can be broken down in one or two words.
There is no need to be afraid of indirect occurrences of queries. (“buy a mixer in Moscow” = “mixers in Moscow,” etc.). Search engines understand morphology very well. Even if the words are “conjugated” (standing at some distance between words).
1. A small number of keywords
Too many queries in one text will immediately show the reader and the search engine that the text you wrote with one single purpose – to fit all the keys on this page. But Google is not so stupid, he will not rank high overpopulated site. For the text, it is best to choose three or four main requests, and up to five additional, for which you plan to move.
Use headings h1, h2.
Breaking up the text with headings will make it easy for the search engine and your customers.
Title h1 is located at the beginning of the text, headings h2 level – are subheadings, in the text there may be more than one.